Sam offers families and patients, an honest review of any documents, reports or assessments patients or families receive from a care provider. She can provide an independent opinion about whether the response is fair, or whether other matters need to be pursued.
She can also undertake independent assessments of needs if this is what the family feel will assist them.
Sam will not raise false hopes or challenge assessments or investigation outcomes, that she feels are fair and accurate, but will help you to understand what the report or assessment is saying.
Areas where she can offer to assist families and service users:
- Concerns regarding allegations of poor care or neglect
- Concerns regarding allegations psychological, physical, financial abuse
- Independent review of NHS Continuing Heath Care assessments
- Independent review of Adult Safeguarding Investigation Case Conference reports
- Assistance with referrals of a worker to the Independent Safeguarding Authority (for direct payment recipients)
- Support/assessment of needs and advice on care arrangements in the community or in a care home